Monday, May 3, 2010

Outstanding debt

Currently Scott and I are trying to pay off debt. So I am going to post our current debt tracker to let you see how much debt we are in (yikes), how much we have paid off year-to-date and from month-to-month. I will update this every month just as I update the budget.
Total Debt Total Paid off YTD Difference MTM
January- $46,811.59
February- $45,770.85 $1040.74 $1040.74
March- $43,067.90 $3,743.69 $2,702.95
April- $40,810.58 $6,001.01 $2,257.32

We have also paid of a $79 balance on a student loan that is not included in those numbers. We are getting somewhere!
And you ask how we paid off so much so quickly. We started this process January 1, and with full speed on February 1, and we were therefore able to benefit from a tax refund, a bonus from work, and my annual training pay. We are finding on average we are able to pay off about $200 in debt above and beyond minimum payments each month. After June 15th though, Scott and I have decided we are going to become even more intense and cut out even more expenses (like I already gave up my smart phone and he is doing so in June or July, lowering our cell phone bill).
Just keep up and you will hopefully see how we lower expenses and therefore increase how much money we put towards our debt snowball.
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment