Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Story. Day 6.

     We still had our traditional wedding on August 11, 2007 at First Baptist Church of Geneva, Florida surrounded by our closest family and friends. About 70 people showed for our wedding. We wrote our own vows and had to scripture readings. We did not like a unity candle. We lit a candle in memory of my grandmother and let an empty stair spot in memory of Scott's good friend who had committed suicide soon after we were engaged.


     I had 3 bridesmaids and a maid of honor, Scott had 2 groomsmen and a best man. We had both a flower girl and a ring bearer. Scott's maternal grandmother played the piano for us. The groomsmen sat our grandparents and my mom. My daddy walked me down the aisle to meet my Marine at the alter that I gave my heart to Jesus on. I cried through out my vows. He memorized his. And then we were announced as husband and wife under the eyes of God.

     My sister announced us at the reception, mispronouncing our last name. We ate barbecue for our reception dinner, with sweet tea. We ate our cake, yellow cake with bovarian cream and butter cream frosting. We toasted with sherbert punch in penguin painted glasses. We danced and mingled. My maid of honor cried when I danced with my dad. And the best man made everyone laugh.

     I threw my bouquet and he removed my garter. We drove away in a 1965 red Mustang convertible with soda cans tied to the bumper. We then whisked away to our honeymoon suite in Tampa, Florida. It was perfect...

0 comments:

Post a Comment