Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary. Our Story. Day 7.

     But with all the details of my wedding, I remember one thing most. How proud and overjoyed and thankful and humbled, that this man I met when I was 14 was choosing me as his wife. I remember the calm that overcame me when I said I do (both times) and how when I walked in the doors and saw my groom for the first time on our wedding day how everyone else in the church disappeared and it was just him and I. I thank God at the same moment a tear escaped my eyes, because I was about to embark on the rest of my life with the best man I have ever met as my husband.


     I remember the brief private moment in the back of the church as we exited the sanctuary and the smile that my husband gave me. It was a smile that said he was as happy to be my husband as I was to be his wife. I remember the first time my new last name was said publicly and how weird it sounded, but how happy I was for it to be my name. I remember the love the swelled in my heart as we danced to "Need I Say More" and looked into his eyes.

     I remember calling him a silly monkey during my vows and the church laughing without knowing what it meant to us. I remember driving away with a pan full of food, laughing about how we were only going to be gone one night. I remember us laughing at how long it took me to get all the hairspray out of my hair even though my hair was down for the wedding. And I remember the beating of his heart as we fell asleep that night.

      It wasn't about the flowers or the cake or the food, it was about marrying the man of my dreams. And today it isn't about the house we live in or the cars we drive or the dinners we enjoy out, it is about the growing and nurturing of that love each and everyday. And as we celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary today, I still thank God every night for bringing Scott back to me again and again. I thank God for the fact that I love my husband more today than I did the day we married. And I thank God that we can now share the love we have to one another with our beautiful daughter.

     And today as I sit celebrating our anniversary alone, I thank God that my husband is fighting for my freedom. That he is fulfilling his duty to our country and it's people. I know that we are apart, but this deployment has only made our hearts closer, our love stronger, and our marriage invincible. I just hope that my husband knows how much I do love him, no matter where he is at.

     Today I celebrate 4 years of marriage to the man of my dreams!

     Scott, I love you more than words can describe, but I will never stop trying. Please stay safe & come home soon, your family loves and misses you greatly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment