Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Story. Day 1.

     My husband and I will celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary in one week.  So I came up with the idea to tell our story over the next week.  To get it down in writing.  To immortalize it.  We are together because of God and everyone should know that.  And everyone should know that I married the perfect man for me.  I wish so much that my husband could kiss me on our anniversary, but instead I will write our story.  Enjoy.


     It all started 10 years ago. I was a freshman in high school. He was a senior. And on a humid October night, fate intervened in each of our lives. See Lori, a mutual friend, brought new-to-town Scott to the homecoming football game. She introduced us. He introduced himself as Bob. I laughed as I quickly figured out that I wanted to get to know this older guy with long hair and a goatee.
     And so we did just that. At that football game, we talked. Well, truthfully I probably talked a lot and he probably listened a lot. However, I did find out he moved from Virginia to Florida just weeks prior and that he had a car (because when you are 14 that IS important). He walked me to the slushy stand and held me hand on the way back (oh high school romance). We watched the game (which we won) and hung out with my friends on the canon firing squad. The game ended, my mom called telling me she was there to pick me up, and we kissed. (Don't judge me, okay?)

     We did not exchange numbers. We did not plan a date (I am not sure I was actually allowed to date yet anyway). I just thought that would be it. But I was hooked. Afterwards, I grilled our mutual friend to find out how I could find him and how I could see him again. If he did the same thing, I will never know, but I doubt that he did. But again fate intervened. We ended up attending the same youth group concert.

     That concert was were it all sparked. We hung out the whole time, holding hands I am sure and enjoying each others company. That night we did exchange phone numbers. And from then on out, we spoke on the phone almost every night and saw each other at school as much as we could. We started going out to movies and bowling. He would come over to my house for dinner and swimming. I went to his house and made cookies.

     Our relationship was rocky and we broke up and got back together again, in good high school fashion, many times. We dated about 8 months on and off. As graduation approached, I got scared.  He was leaving me behind and because I was young, I didn't bother talking to him. And the day after his senior prom (poor timing, I admit), I broke up with him. He hated me from that day forward...

0 comments:

Post a Comment