Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Story. Day 3.

     On Christmas Eve, Scott again text messages me to wish me a merry Christmas. After brief formality, he asked me to go to dinner with him on December 27th. He would tell you today it was out of boredom and desperation that he asked me, I was a last resort and he really just didn't want to go to his favorite restaurant alone. But several questions surrounded this dinner. Was it a date? What do I wear? Am I going to pay for myself? (We didn't realize until later that it was indeed a date.)


     So that Thursday, I got ready. I dressed casually but nice, since I didn't know where I was going. I straightened my hair and put on make-up. I wore a pink sweater, jeans, and my pointy toed boots. I have NO CLUE what he wore. Horrible, I know. He even picked me up. On the way to dinner, we talked about college and his new found enjoyment of country music (something he never listened to in high school). We talked about his job and his joining of the United States Marine Corps.

     I soon was told we were going to a restaurant called Seasons 52. It is a delicious restaurant, but I soon realized my company was mpeven nicer than the food. I found myself hanging on his every word, laughing at his jokes, and getting nervous. I was starting to realize that I liked him, again, again. We enjoyed dinner and dessert. We soon realized that we were not ready for the date to be over and went bowling, an activity we loved in high school and still loved years later. We joked and laughed and continued to catch up (and I checked out his butt when he bowled). After two games, we were getting bored, but again realized that we were not ready to end the date and go home.

     We decided to go see a movie. And so we saw Happy Feet because of Scott's slightly unhealthy obsession with penguins. On the way to the movie, I felt tensions rising and felt myself drawn to him. And so during the movie, we even held hands. And we may have even shared a kiss. After the movie, Scott drove me home, we shared a goodnight kiss and we parted ways.

     The next afternoon I invited him to my house for pizza and movies. He accepted the invitation. After this date, we were inseparable for the next 6 days. We got drunk on New Years, hung out with his dad, went out to dinner, and much more. One night (not New Years Eve, but not sure which night), laying on the couch watching television, Scott told me he loved me and I told him I loved him back. On our last night together, before Scott was to return to Maryland for MOS school, I watched him pack and I silently cried. I was about to say goodbye to the love of my life and there was no telling what the future was to hold...

0 comments:

Post a Comment