Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Story. Day 4.

     And so we split ways, but we continued to text and talk on the phone. It was obvious to both of us we were together, exclusively. We were going to make this work. We were going to deal with the distance, because we loved each other and deserved to give our love a chance, when we had given up before. We were going to do this.
     In mid-January while talking on the phone one evening, I was told to start looking at rings. And I did (every girl wants to hear that line). And I found what I wanted and found that it was outside our price range. But then I called my mom. I asked her for the ring my dad had given her since she had "upgraded" a few years ago. And so my ring came together. We bought a new setting for the diamond, because I wanted white gold and had it remounted in Florida. The ring was shipped to me and I sat looking at it's box for almost a week before I was allowed to see it.

     The weekend following Valentine's Day I flew from Lexington, KY to Jacksonville, NC to spend a long weekend with Scott. The day I arrived we checked into our hotel and started getting ready. We had a photoshoot that evening for engagement photos. But I still wasn't wearing an engagement ring. I pointed this out and demanded he give me my ring before our photoshoot, because you cannot go get engagement photos without your engagement ring.

     After I was completely ready, decked out in my pink sweater and pearls, Scott had me sit down on the bed. He told me that he loved me and would love me my whole life. He then asked if I would marry him. (This was just a formality, but still very special.). He did not get down on one knee and he did not cry. But when he asked, I cried and of course said yes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment