Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our Story. Day 5.

     So I went back to Kentucky and started planning a wedding.  It was easy for us to set a date and we quickly booked a church. I made save the date cards with out engagement photograph. My wedding dress chose our colors. I bought decorations. I picked out flowers. I had a cake tasting. I helped my bridesmaids pick out dresses, which took longer than it took me to pick out me dress. I planned food. I made invitations. We booked a honey money, a Bahamian cruise. But then logistics got us.
     Because see, I lived in Kentucky and Scott in North Carolina, and we were getting married in my hometown in Florida. Scott scrutinized leave and travel plans. And we realized he didn't have enough leave to go on our honey moon and come to Florida in time to apply for and get our marriage license. How can you get married without a marriage license? We could not change our cruise, it was paid for but we couldn't and refused to have a wedding but not be married.

     And so after conversations, we decided that on one of my monthly trips to North Carolina we would get married at the justice of the peace on a Friday afternoon in Jacksonville, North Carolina. And so that is exactly what we did, without telling anyone, Scott and I were married by the magistrate in Jacksonville, North Carolina on June 1, 2007 a mere 6 months after our first date. After we were married we set up house, Scott lived in it, I lived in Florida with my parents for the summer of our wedding. And two months later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment