Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thursday Purgeday. Volume 1 of 1.

     See there is the awesome mom/blogger/so-much-more over at the818.com and she is pretty much one of the most awesome women I have found on the internet.  She is doing a segment on her blog called Thursday Purgeday and I thought i would join in for a week to explain a purging/organizing journey I have been on for the last 3 weeks.
     Most of you know that my husband deployed a few years ago and will be gone well into next year.  SO I decided about the second I learned of the deployment that my daughter and I would move back in with my parents.  So a journey to pack and store and organize and pack some more ensued.
     So here we are months later.  All of my stuff is unpacked.  And I have moved myself into a room that was originally my parents office/craft room.  It has not been used as a bedroom is about 8 years.  Now I not only had to make this my bedroom and my office and my craft room, I had to share it with my parents as there office and craft room.  I wish I had pictures of where this room really started.  But I don't.  (It would be too horrible to share anyway.)
     But I cleaned it out.  I threw stuff away (with my parents' permission of course).  I painted.  I built.  I moved around.  I unpacked.  And I bought containers.  And the room looked like this...
     And I just couldn't stand it.  These pictures don't really do it justice either.  But I showed you some of it (I just can't own up to the rest of the room).  So I organized.  I rearranged a little.  I finished the building projects.  I filed away paper work.  And I am now happy with my room.  I can live here for the next year.  I promise I can.  And I promise I will keep it as clean as I can, so that the room can look like this most of the time...
     You can see the separate areas of the room: where I sleep, where I scrapbook, where I work, and where my TV is.  Much better, right?
     Can I keep it up?  Do you believe in me?
     And don't forget to check out Morgan as she goes through a much longer and larger journey to organization and purging.  
”The818.com”

1 comments:

The818 said...

Wow you really worked magic in a small space - I love the office area - looks great!

Post a Comment