Friday, March 11, 2011

Job hunting.

Looking for a job and actually getting hired is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.  You tweak your resume for the 90th time to make sure you are advertising yourself in the best way possible.  you write you 147th cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position listed or for the company.  You search high and low for job opening.  You apply to places that are not even listing opening.  You send your resume to many more places. 
And yet you still have the ability to sleep in for as long as your cute little offspring will let you.  This morning, that was 9:45am. 
When interviewing for a job you always want to look your best so you do your hair, you put on make up, and wear your best looking clothes. And while you are sitting waiting to meet with the person that may hold the key to your future you run through potential interview questions and answets, just to feel more prepared.  But then it hits you, "do I even want this job?"  Many people don't care what the answer to that question is, a job is a job and an income is an income.  But today while I sit to be interviewed to work in a call center that question keeps nagging me. 
Sure extra income would be nice, but my husband and I do not need it.  I was perfectly fine with selling cars, even excited about the prospect.  But I have worked in a call center before and I hated every minute of urn. Do I want to add more dread and despair to my life?  Not really.  But do I really want to give up the opportunity to be employed again?  And this tug and pull of my brain keep going around and around in the wash basin that is my brain.  Currently it is in the soak cycle, because as I write this I haven't even been interviewed yet. 
What would you do?  Would you interview for a job you know you don't want?  If hired, would you accept the job?  Especially if you didn't need the job? Or would you keep looking for something you would actually enjoy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment