Friday, March 11, 2011

Fragility.

Today, thousands of people across the world are suffering; displaced.  Entire worlds are turned upside down in the blink of an eye.  I cannot fathom the heart ache, the pain, the faith that is now gushing from the shores of Japan, filling the ocean with tears.
Today, among many other days in my life, I realized just how fragile life is.  My husband is in a war zone and at any point in time could be taken from me, it would be days before I knew.  And how do military spouses find out, by having Marines dressed in Blues drive up in black shiny cars.  That is how the worst news in the world comes to Marine wives.  The same is said for every branch, but with representatives from their respected branches.
Because life is fragile.  Because in the blink of an eye, worlds can change.  Weather its a nation affected or a state or a town or a family or one person.  These changes are not always bad, because God has a plan.  But the fragility of life usual shows its head with an unfortunate sadness.  Just 14 months ago, I got the most devastating call of my life.  In the end though the events that forced that phone call made changes in one woman that we all prayed for at night.  Because today my mom is drug free and the mother I missed for many years.
But today I pray about the fragility.  Today I pray that God has a plan for all of these people affected, for every soul whose life was turned upside down in the mere blink of an eye.  Today I praise God that my life is blessed.  I praise God that it is has been years since someone was taken from my life.  I praise God for my beautiful daughter and her wonderful father.  I praise God for my family who supports me and my husband and our country.  I praise God that I live in a country where I can write a blog post thanking God for my life and stating my continual prayer for those that were affected today by the tsunami and earthquake in Japan.
And it reminds me that I must live my life for today.  To enjoy every moment of my screaming, clingy daughter and to cherish every email, Skype message, and phone call I get from the man of dreams.  Because I am lucky enough to have a a real life hero in my life and I get to call him my husband.  And as I close my eyes tonight and reflect on today, I will be thankful that I heard my husbands voice and I will be thankful my daughter went to bed early enough for me to write this post.
Because today I reflect on the fragility of life.  And I pray for the peace of those affected by this (and every other) horrendous natural disaster.  And I praise God for a blessed life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment