Monday, March 14, 2011

Nice to see you again, McFatty Monday.

So it has been 12 days since my husband left (I promise this will not become a deployment post) and I was really scared that I would come back today with a weight gain.  But I am proud to say that I did not emotionally eat.  I did not sit and pout.  I did not watch too much t.v.  I stayed active chasing Maggie around.  I stayed active organizing and cleaning and unpacking and moving into my parents' house.  And so I am proud to announce that I lost 1.6 pounds in the last week.  I weighed in at 166.4 on March 5 and weighed in at 164.8 on March 12.)  My weigh-in days are Saturday as that is the day that I go to a Weight Watchers Meeting.
So if you are paying attention at all, that means I have lost almost 8.2 pounds since starting Weight Watchers on January 15, 2011.  And it is only going to get better from here.
Why is it going to get better?  Because I went and got my YMCA membership card.  So I now have no excuse not go to the gym and not to stay active and not to loose more weight.  Because I will be at my goal weight when my husband comes home.  So I have about 233 days to lose 20-25 pounds.  I will be perfectly happy at 145, but my ultimate goal is 140.

Now to answer BA's question from over at Heir to Blair.  I do not like the idea of recommitting myself everyday.  While most people are a "I just need to survive this day", I am a deadline person & 24 hours just isn't going to cut it here.  Taking it one day at a time leaves open the opportunity that I can cheat because it is JUST one day and then those "just one days" become weeks and months.  And while I do have months to lose this weight, I do have a hero of a husband coming home to spend two glorious weeks with his wife and daughter.  And I want to look the part.  I want to look like a hero's wife.  I want to look like a million bucks when I walk into Orlando International Airport (or whatever airport it is) and hug my husband for the first time in 8 months.  And that is what drives me to get up at 5am to take a 6am class at the YMCA.  My husband.  He is the only motivation I need right now.  I would just fail miserably using the "recommit everyday thing".

0 comments:

Post a Comment