Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Week.

Tomorrow will make one week since I said goodbye and so much has happened since he stepped on a bus.  Most of it is good, some of it is sad.
As many of you know, I moved to Florida to live with my parents to 1) have emotional support and 2) save money.  Moving in has taking a toll on me.  I haven't lived with my parents in over 5 years, not officially anyways.  I even changed my address away from my parents officially almost 4 years ago when I married my wonderful Marine.  And in 5 years I started my own home and my parents and niece have only expanded their own to suit their own needs.  I have had to remove things, move things, build things (with the help of my dad), buy things, and I am still not done.  My parents' living room and bonus room and my dad's garage look like their office/craft room barfed all over it.  And I just keep chugging, but I can't seem to get anything done (except that I do, you just can't tell).  My car still has a ton of stuff in it that needs to come out.  But I will get it done.
I am giving myself until next Monday to get everything organizational wise done.  I want to see my floor and be able to scrapbook or write a letter or whatever on my desk without having ten millions piles of crap.  At least at this moment I can tell you where my underwear are and my jeans are and my socks are, not much else, but at least those things.  Oh and I can tell you were my cell phone is at almost all times.
But in between all of this organizing, I have talked to my husband quite a bit.  And he is safe.  He is healthy.  And he is just as he was when he left me, which is just the way I like it.  We have spoken on both the internet, text messaging (he has an awesome app on his iPod that allows him to text for free), and I even got a phone call today.  A PHONE CALL!  This was more exciting for me than I ever thought it would be.  It was the best start to my day I could have ever asked for.  And while we were on the phone Maggie was running around saying my parents dogs name, Sadie.  It comes out adie, but it was really special that Scott got to hear it.
And speaking of Maggie, she is adjusting well- excellent in fact.  She has learned to go up and down the stairs (there are 4 of them) and roam the house.  She even plays in her room here because that is where her toys are.  She loves the dog.  She uses the dog as a couch, a teddy bear, and everything in between.  Maggie is even trying to learn how to throw a ball so she can play fetch with Sadie.  And Maggie has cut her 7th tooth, a molar I think.  Her eighth tooth is on the way, I can feel it.
Oh and I went to Weight Watchers on Saturday and I have not gained any weight.  I am finding it really hard to track food again, but I am going to give myself this week and start again on Saturday, which is my weigh in day.
That is all for now, it was just a huge vomit of my week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment