Saturday, January 22, 2011

A funk

Have you ever gotten into a weird funk, where you don't want to do anything but know that you need to? Where no one is doing anything wrong, but you just want bite their heads off? Where nothing tastes good? Where nothing is satisfying? Where everything seems to go wrong even though nothing actually does?

I am there.

I think it is because- well I think there are two main reasons that I think I am in this funk. Reason number one: It is about to be that time of the month. Reason number two: my husband leaves NC on deployment for over a year in less than 6 weeks. LESS THAN SIX WEEKS!

This funk- it is affecting me. Dieting (well eating healthier) and exercising are supposed to increase energy and decrease lethargy. Me- the opposite affect. I am so lethargic and tired tonight. I have yet to move from my couch since coming home from a birthday party at 5:00pm. And I was supposed to be at work (although- in my defense- it snowed today and the snow turned into ice). I have a to-do list to prepare for this deployment a mile long. I have yet to start tackling it. My house is a disaster that I need to start packing. My husband has gear that needs to be washed and packed and organized. I have letters that need to be written. Job applications that need to be filled out. And the list goes on and on and on.

Not to mention, on top of Scott's deployment, Maggie and I are putting 90% of our belongings in storage, towing the other 10% to Florida to spend the next year in the loving home of my parents. While I know this move will help with the stress during the deployment, the move down there will be stressful, especially since it will happen within days of saying goodbye.

But how do I get out of this funk? How do I get things accomplished? How do I get out of this lethargy that I hate? How do you do it? How do you motivate yourself in spite of stress? Help, I need your help.

(I am in such a funk, I do not even want to go to bed.)

1 comments:

Lacey said...

If we had not been preparing to move ourselves and moving across the country from you I would have helped you. I wish I was still there to help you with this all and through this. You are so strong Carla and I know that you will come out of this a much better and stronger mom, wife, and women then ever. I love you hun and I'm sending my thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

Post a Comment