Tuesday, September 18, 2012

20 weeks


Weight Gain: +5

Stretch Marks: No new ones. 

Movement: The kicks are getting stronger.  I can feel them on the outside.      

Cravings: Chocolate.  

Sleep: I have hit the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy & can no longer sleep on my stomach or my back, so its been rough.  I toss & turn so much that I pull the sheets off the corner of the mattress.  And I have to sleep with an 3 king size pillows just to get comfortable.   

Best moment this week: Ummm, having Scott home with me as I dealt with the emotions & stress of going through the amniocentesis.

Gender: We still have a guess.  

Labor signs: None. I did think I was having contractions one night (Friday) and even went to the hospital.  Apparently, round ligament pains are worse during a second pregnancy and because of my scaring from my ovarian surgery I am going to have more pain this time. 

Maternity clothes: I am in mostly maternity clothes, but have a few regular shirts that I can still wear.  I am in the in between stage where my regular shirts are too small & most of my maternity shirts are too big. 

What I miss: The excitement of just having a baby.  

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the results from the amnio & my next appointment at 22 weeks.  

My next appointment: 9/25/2012

     I did get the amniocentesis on Tuesday, the day I switched over to 20 weeks.  It was a painful experience, but not as painful as I thought it would be.  I had to rest a lot and thank God that Scott was able to stay home with me Tuesday and after lunch on Wednesday.  This unit is so much better than Tanks in that aspect.  We are now just patiently awaiting the results from the amnio to find out if anything else is wrong and knowing 100% what the sex of the baby is. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment