Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cutting expenses.

     So I posted earlier about my trip to Germany and putting away my credit cards.  That is step 1 to saving money and getting debt free.  So beyond putting away the credit cards, I must cut expenses.  So here are a few ideas that I come up with to cut expenses and SAVE MORE MONEY.

1.  Clipping coupons.  My goal is to save $200 a month, shopping sales and using coupons during my shopping trips.  And although couponers say that stock piling is important, I will only buy what we need, unless I can get something for free.  So any cash left in my "grocery" envelope at the end of each pay period will be deposited into a bank account or locked jar that I will break prior to my trip to Germany.
2.  I am going to try to only drive 3 times a week.  I will only leave the house other than those 3 days on emergencies.  This will require planning of errands and such around those three days.  (Driving to and from drill will only count as one day.)
3.  I am going to save half of my monthly allowance every month for my own personal spending money for the trip and/or clothes for the trip.
4.  I am going to eat out as little as I can (we all know that we get those urges to go out) and save any money left over at the end of the month into the jar or bank account.
5.  Any other money left over in my envelope system (except hair cut money that must carry over for me to get a haircut) will also go into the jar or bank account.

     Do you have any other ideas that I can use to cut down on expenses every month?  I will add to this list as I figure out more ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment