Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Admiration

So I absolutely adore Beth Anne over at The Heir to Blair (please go read, she is HILARIOUS! and honest. and down-to-earth.) Well recently she launched a page on her blog that is dedicated to a charity, specifically The Ronald McDonald House. If you don't know what the Ronald McDonald House is, please know that it is a home that the families of pediatric patients can stay out while their children are undergoing treatment.
This charity hits home. Why? Because when I was two months old my family was invited to stay in a Ronald McDonald House while I under went pediatric neurological surgery to correct a birth defect. Because I was born with a birth defect. I was born with a whole in my skull in the middle of my forehead that could have lead to serious complications. In 1987 when my parents where invited, they could have stayed in the house for $20 a night. They would have access to the kitchen, that was stocked with food. Breakfast was provided. They had in house laundry room. It was to be a low-cost housing alternatively that make the families feel more at home while the people dearest to them fight for their lives, undergo surgeries, physical therapies, et cetera.
So I admire Beth Anne for what she is speaking about and I am excited to see where this leads. I AM EXCITED!

0 comments:

Post a Comment