Tuesday, July 31, 2012

14 weeks.


Weight Gain: +.5

Stretch Marks: No new ones. 

Movement: I actually think I am feeling the baby every once in a while.    

Cravings: Well, after my glucose test on Friday all I wanted was a hamburger (I ate 2, don't judge I hadn't eaten in almost 17 hours).  And grapefruit/grapefruit juice.  And milk still.  And tomatoes. 

Sleep: Pretty good considering Scott & I are sharing a full size bed, except on the nights that I have heartburn & then I have to sleep sitting up on the couch.  

Best moment this week: Potentially finding out the gender of the little baby & knowing that at this stage everything is looking perfect & birth defect free. 

Gender: We have a guess.  In my heart, I am pretty sure it's a boy.  This pregnancy has just been so much different than Maggie.

Labor signs: None. 

Maternity clothes: I wear maternity bottoms or stretch pants all the time, but still in regular shirts. 

What I miss: I don't miss them yet, but I am sure I am about to start missing carbs & sweets.

What I'm looking forward to: Showing.  Getting to actually buy stuff specific to the gender.  My next high risk appointment. 

My next appointment: August 16 for a regular OB visit & blood work & August 28th for an ultrasound.

     Well a lot happened since I last updated.  I was able to get in to the high risk doctor on Monday & the appointment went really well.  The doctor is very nice & seems to know a lot about what is going on with my birth defect, asking more in-depth questions about it than I even know how to answer.  
     She did do an ultrasound to get some measurements and see how the baby's skull & spinal cord in developing & so far everything looks good with my very wiggly baby.  And he/she is still measuring right on track.  However... 
     She did check my results from the 3-hour glucose test I took last Friday & saw that while I do not have gestational diabetes, I am glucose intolerant.  She referred me to the dietitian and I am going to have to alter my diet (and therefore my families diet) to make sure I have safe sugar levels and hopefully do not develop gestational diabetes later on.  I will have to cut down on carbs and sugars, but it's only for 26 weeks right?  Yeah right, this is going to be hard.  I will have to have my glucose retested at about 28 weeks.  
     We did schedule my next appointment with the high risk doctor.  It will take place on August 28th (exactly 4 weeks from today).  She will do another ultrasound to recheck the skull and spine and brain.  Hopefully we will also be able to get a for sure answer on the sex of our baby.  As well, hopefully my blood work will be back to check from neural tube defects, Down syndrome, and Trisomy 18.  I pray these tests come back negative.  If they come back positive, the next step would probably be a amniocentesis, which I do not want to get.  

     But here are some pictures of the little baby at 13 weeks 1 day... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment