Wednesday, July 25, 2012

13 weeks.


Weight Gain: -1 pound 

Stretch Marks: No new ones. 

Movement: I wish.  

Cravings: Chocolate & apparently milk, since Maggie & I have drank almost 2 gallons in 6 days.  We used to only drink a half a gallon every 14 days.  Oh and rice krispies. 

Sleep: Pretty good considering Scott & I are sharing a full size bed.  

Best moment this week: Finally seeing the little one in an ultrasound & knowing that everything is going good

Gender: I dunno

Labor signs: None. 

Maternity clothes: I wear maternity bottoms or stretch pants all the time, but still in regular shirts.  

What I miss: Sushi 

What I'm looking forward to: My next appointment.  Finally showing enough to look pregnant and not fat.  

     I had my first ob appointment today.  The appointment went well.  We got an ultrasound and the baby is measuring almost exactly 13 weeks 1 day, so my due date is January 29, 2013 (my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary if my grandmother was still alive).  The baby was moving around like crazy & actually made it hard for the doctor to get measurements.  We discussed my shingles (I was diagnosed Tuesday) and she told me they are not harmful to the baby, nor is the medicine.  We also discussed the plan of action for monitoring the baby for birth defects (since I was born with one), for gestational diabetes (since Maggie was a monster baby at 9 lbs 6 oz), and my hypothyroidism.  
     I am going to go through blood testing over the next three weeks (one draw tomorrow and one more at 16 weeks) to test for neural tube defects, Down syndrome, and Trisomy 18.  I will have results after the 16 weeks blood draw.  The doctor is also going to consult with the periontologist (sp?)(the high risk baby doctor) about potential screening and referral to the high risk doctor.  If the high risk doctor agrees I need to be seen, I will receive a phone call from her. 
     I have my next appointment at 16 weeks 2 days and will be able to hopefully set up my anatomy scan soon after that.  

12 weeks 3 days

13 weeks 1 day


0 comments:

Post a Comment