Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Trip to Germany. Day 3.

     I would like to start off with a few announcements.
     First, in just 5 or so weeks I will be moving back to NC.  I pick up the keys to my new home on January 13th and couldn't be more excited about it.  It will be sad to leave my family, but wonderful to set up a home for my husband's return.  Please pray that the moving goes smoothly, that I do not pull my hair out, and that the job hunt once I move up there is short & that I find a wonderful position that I love, preferably in an office in the financial field.
     Second, I would also like to ask for prayers as I begin the C25K (Couch to 5 K) journey tomorrow.  I really need to pass my PT test after almost 3 years of failing it so that I can get promoted, receive the last portion of my bonus, qualify for Tuition Assistance, and just be on better terms with my unit.  This is a goal I am going to work for to pass my PT by the middle of February.  And also pray as I mentally prepare to start a healthy life style after the first of the year to lose weight (the weight I have been trying to lose for 2 years now, but am pretty sure that I am finally mentally ready to do).
     Third, please keep my sister in your prayers.  She is pregnant with her 4th child, a little girl names Jonnalee.  My sister is only 33 weeks, but is having some spotting and random contractions.  Please pray that Jonnalee stay put for at least another month, preferably until after the 8th of January as that is when my sister is having her baby shower (she hasn't had a baby in over 8 years, so she kind of needs to be spoiled again).
     Okay, but that is it.  Now on to GERMANY!!!!!

     On day 3, Maggie was feeling much better and even slept in until about 10 am, which was AWESOME!  After getting ready, we decided to head into the city and go to Marienplatz to explore and see the Glockenspiel.  Today, our train ticket buying went much better and only spent 10 euro instead of 50 euro.  We made in to Marienplatz just in time to see the Glockenspiel in action.  It was exactly what the reviews said- a huge tourists attraction that is actually quite boring.  But it was cool to see.  After seeing the Glockenspiel, we decided that we needed to eat.  So we ate at restaurant not far from the plaza center.  While at lunch, Scott ordered a beer as big as his head & I saw a woman cut spaghetti with a spoon.


     After lunch we just started walking down the street, with no particular destination in mind.  And how about this?  WE FOUND A STARBUCKS! But German holiday flavors are different from American flavors, like no pumpkin spice or caramel brulee. But it was Starbucks nonetheless and we walked right in and order right up and rejoiced in its yummy goodness as we wondered through the streets of Munich.  
     We found lots of beautiful buildings, but have no idea what any of them were.  We found tons of shops, but did not walk into any of them.  But it was wonderful to walk around the streets of Munich talking with my husband and being a family again.  Scott and Maggie got more bonding time.  Maggie fell asleep in her stroller again, but again today refused to walk.  She knew she was in a new, strange place and acted accordingly.  Scott loved it.  I hated it.  




     After walking around for about 4 hours we hopped back on the train and headed back to our hotel and enjoyed some room service, where a club sandwich has an egg on it and soup was still piping hot.  We watched some German TV, hung out as a family, washed laundry from where Maggie puked on me, and discovered the play room in the hotel.  It was a great day to just be a family.  



1 comments:

sissybugfl said...

Love the New Blog Spot! What A great Idea! Pics are wonderful.

Post a Comment