Monday, May 2, 2011

My plan.

     After talking to so many wonderful women, both in real life and on the internet, I have come up with a plan that I think will work for me.  A diet that will allow me to lose my weight quickly and safely.  A long term plan that allows me to lose my weight and learn to live within the world at the new and improved weight.  So are you wondering what my plan is yet?  Let me first give you some background.

     I am required to take my PT test here in the next few weeks.  This PT test is required both for a much needed, deserved, and wanted promotion from PFC to SPC.  This means a little more money on a monthly basis.  Passing this PT test also means that I am again eligible for tuition assistance and can get help paying for my graduate school education.  I can get up to $750 a class, and that would be really helpful in terms of staying out of debt and better off financially.
     To pass my PT test I need to train and train REALLY hard for the next month.  As I am planning on taking my PT test on May 31.  So for the next month, I will be following the following schedule:

Sit Ups (SU) & Push Ups (PU):
Monday through Saturday: 
  • Do reps of each exercise as follows: 2 minutes PU -> 2 minutes SU -> 1 minute PU -> 1 minute SU -> 30 seconds PU -> 30 seconds SU
  • GOAL: To do 50 sit ups in 2 minutes and 20 push ups in 2 minutes
Running:
  • Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
    • Run for 30 minutes.  Make sure to cover 2 miles in the 30 minutes.
  • Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
    • 30 minutes of interval running:
      • Week 1: 30 seconds running, 60 seconds walking
      • Week 2: 45 seconds running, 90 seconds walking
      • Week 3: 60 seconds running, 180 seconds walking
      • Week 4: 60 seconds running, 120 seconds walking
  • GOAL: To run 2 miles in under 19:30
     But now you are asking what kind of plan I am going to follow to lose weight right?  Because exercise is never enough.  Especially to drop weight fast.  I have decided to follow the Medifast diet.  I have the support of several women online through blogs and Twitter and am VERY excited about this plan.  It is very structured.  
     If you are here from Medifast, I bet you are saying you cannot start Medifast and train the way I am going to.  You are right.  If you follow a traditional Medifast plan of 5 & 1.  After discussing my options and my situation with a Health Coach, I have decided to start the plan by using a 4 & 2 plan.  I will eat 4 Medifast meals everyday and 2 Lean & Green meals everyday.  Once I pass my PT test, I will go to the traditional 5 & 1 plan until I lose my weight.  I placed my order last Thursday.  My order shipped on Friday.  And I will start the diet the day after it arrives, no matter what day of the week that is.  
     I realize that although I have the best intentions with the plan I still may experience some tiredness and hunger, so if needed during the first week I will cut back on my exercise.  Although I am going to try my hardest not to stop my exercise.  

     So maybe you are wondering the stats: where am I at now?  where do I want to be?  how long do I think it take to get there?  
          I weigh 165 pounds as of a few days ago.  But I will weigh myself first thing on the day I start the   
                diet and will use that weight from here on out to track. 
          I would like to weigh between 135 and 140.  
          I believe that I can safely lose the 25-30 pounds within 16 weeks, or 4 months.  This is making 
                 sure that I give myself time.  I really hope to lose the weight within 12 weeks, or 3 months. 

So see you next week, after I have started Medifast.  Good luck to everyone this week. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment